The Smart Charts comparative tool, accessed within IntelliConnect, has a new streamlined interface and greater functionality. The tool’s search capabilities have been enhanced, and the navigation toolbar has been redesigned. To learn more, click here for a brief video on the key changes.
A new Motor Vehicles Smart Chart, found within the Secured Transactions Topics Smart Charts on IntelliConnect, compiles the requirements from state motor vehicle laws in the Secured Transactions Guide that govern non-possessory motor vehicle liens for all 50 states. The customizable chart briefly summarizes the steps required to perfect a motor vehicle lien, the duration and release of a lien, the transfer and assignment of a lien, certificate of title requirements and applicable fees, with links to the applicable state laws and explanations found within the Guide. The Motor Vehicles Smart Chart can also be customized by subtopic and jurisdiction.
The 2013 SEC Handbook reproduces the latest requirements, as of November 2012, for preparing financial statements and related disclosure documents filed with the SEC. The SEC Handbook is a portable, affordable and current resource with the latest SEC rules, forms, interpretations and other materials specifically related to preparing financial statements and other SEC disclosure documents.
It includes the full-text of: Regulations S-K, S-X, S-T; selected rules and forms under the 1934 Act; the Sarbanes-Oxley Act; Industry Guides; Staff Accounting Bulletins; and the Codification of Financial Reporting Policies.
The 2013 edition includes the following new and updated material:
- Updates to Forms 8-K, 10-Q, 20-F, 40-F, S-3, F-8, F-9, F-10 and F-80 Amendments to Regulation S-T (e.g., Items 10, 101, 301 and 405)
- Updated Exchange Act rules, including new Rule 13p-1 (Conflict Minerals Rule) and Form SD
- Staff Legal Bulletin 14G (shareholder proposals)
For more details and to order, click here.
What are the securities and financial-related legislative priorities for Congress in the coming year? In his seven-page Special Report, Wolters Kluwer Principal Analyst, Jim Hamilton, J.D., LL.M., shares his thoughts on what may be addressed this term such as:
- A Dodd-Frank corrections bill
- A reintroduced version of the GSE Bailout Elimination and Taxpayer Protection Act
- Bi-partisan support for the GSE Credit Risk Equitable Treatment Act
- Creation of a U.S. covered bond market under SEC or FDIC supervision
- Requirement to make PCAOB hearings public
- Regulation and examination requirements for SEC-registered investment advisers
- Reform of the federal regulatory process
For a PDF of the Special Report, click here.