Volume 10, Number 8, August 2014
New workflow tool: RBsourceFilings
RBsourceFilings is a comprehensive SEC research and filings workflow tool that brings together Laws and Regulations, SEC Guidance, SEC Filings and SEC Staff Comment Letters.
With increased scrutiny—by everyone from lawmakers and SEC regulators to shareholders and financial analysts—law firms and their corporate clients need to better manage disclosure requirements and risk amid a changing legal and regulatory environment.
RBsourceFilings gives securities practitioners a complete view of the regulatory disclosure landscape. Users can better assess and monitor policies, directives, enforcement activity, and company disclosures in their filings research and preparation.
To learn more about RBsourceFilings and to request a free trial, click here.
Do's and Don'ts in Advertising now available online
Do's and Don'ts in Advertising focuses on the ethical, legal and creative aspects of brand marketing and advertising. It is an indispensable resource for law firms, in-house counsel and marketing professionals. Now, for the first time in its 50-year history, Do’s and Don’ts in Advertising is available online.
Do’s and Don’ts has provided broad guidance on the development of truthful and accurate advertising claims as well as giving industry-specific guidance for dozens of product areas—from drugs and health care products to food and automobiles. It also covers marketing and advertising practices such as telemarketing, online advertising, and direct marketing.
A one-stop source of information, the digital edition provides access to:
- Federal laws and regulations and federal agency policies and guides
- Codes of advertising practices issued by CBBB/BBB
- Key information on advertising industry self-regulation, including the full text of rules that govern self-regulatory inquiries by the National Advertising Division, Children’s Advertising Review Unit, Electronic Retailing Self-Regulation Program and Online Interest-Based Advertising Initiative—plus summaries of self-regulatory decisions
- Monthly updates on changes in the applicable laws and regulations as well as case law decisions
For more information and to subscribe, contact your Wolters Kluwer Account Representative.
CCH Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) as of July 2014
CCH Department of Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS) as of July 2014
CCH Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) as of July 2014 reproduces the FAR and all amendments to the regulations issued prior to July 1, 2014, along with an easy-to-use topical index. Sources of the amended text are listed in brackets along with the date of issuance and the effective date for all sections changed since the initial text of the FAR appeared in the Federal Register of September 19, 1983.
The July 2014 FAR contains all of the changes made since January 1, 2014, including 3 Federal Acquisition Circulars, 9 final rules, 2 interim rules, and 1 correction.
It provides current coverage of: Contractor comment period, past performance evaluations, Implementation of statutes or Executive Orders—commercial items contracts, Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool items, Contracting with women-owned small business concerns, Limitation on allowable government contractor compensation costs, and more.
To order the CCH July 2014 FAR, visit www.wklawbusiness.com/store or call 800 248-3248.
CCH Department of Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS) as of July 2014 includes all Procedure Guidance Information (PGI) Change Notices issued prior to the July 1, 2014 edition, along with a CCH index covering the DFARS through that date and is intended for use in combination with the July 2014 CCH FAR.
The July 2014 DFARS contains all of the changes made since January 1, 2014, including 22 final rules and 2 interim rules.
It includes full coverage of: Major defense acquisitions, Private sector notification of insourcing actions, Contractor employee whistleblower protections, Improper business practices and personal conflicts of interest, Detection and avoidance of counterfeit electronic parts, Proposal adequacy checklist revision, Disclosure of information by litigation support contractors, and more.
To order the CCH July 2014 DFARS, visit www.wklawbusiness.com/store or call 800 248-3248.
Kluwer Arbitration adds new tool, functional enhancements and titles
International Handbook Commercial Arbitration Compare Jurisdictions Tool is based on our authoritative International Handbook Commercial Arbitration (otherwise known as the “ICCA Handbook”). This new tool allows users to compare information included in the ICCA Handbook country reports. Users simply select the topics/subtopics of interest to compare on a jurisdiction-by-jurisdiction basis.
New functional enhancements
- Download Documents as PDF—Download a document as a PDF for saving, printing or sharing, either from within a document or from the search results list
- Help with Boolean Operators and Search Tips—An information icon now appears in the search field for refining search results
New Kluwer Arbitration titles
Among the latest titles are:
- Introduction to Arbitration in India: The Role of the Judiciary
- Piercing the Veil of State Enterprises in International Arbitration
- Parallel Proceedings in International Arbitration
- Introduction to Arbitral Practice: 1001 Questions and Answers
- Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Judgments in China
International Encyclopaedia of Laws updated with new country coverage
The International Encyclopaedia of Laws at Kluwer Law Online now includes coverage of the following:
- IEL Civil Procedure - Singapore
- IEL Commercial & Economic Law - Slovenia, Ethiopia
- IEL Competition Law - Poland, Mercosur, Italy
- IEL Constitutional Law - Slovakia, South Africa
- IEL Corporations & Partnerships - Israel, Montenegro, Uganda
- IEL Cyber Law - Slovakia, Chile
- IEL Energy Law - Venezuela, Hungary
- IEL Environmental Law - Bosnia & Herzegovina
- IEL Family Law - Slovenia
- IEL Intellectual Property - Oman, Italy, Slovakia, Greece
- IEL Intergovernmental Organizations - International Maritime Organization (IMO)
- IEL Media Law - United Arab Emirates, Malta
- IEL Medical Law - Ghana, Italy, India, France
- IEL Property & Trust Law - Malaysia
- IEL Social Security Law - Switzerland
- IEL Transport Law - Uganda
Foreign Investment Disputes: Cases Materials and Commentary - Second Edition
This indispensable handbook is the first resource to gather the most important cases and commentary on the increasingly significant subject of foreign investment disputes. The work covers all aspects of foreign investment disputes: the treaty system protecting investments, investment contracts and key clauses, forums for resolving investment disputes, political risk insurance, applicable law, principles of state responsibility, investor rights under investment treaties and customary international law, defenses to investor claims, reparations, procedure and proof, and enforcement of arbitral award.
Click here for more information and to order.
Introduction to International Arbitration Practice. 1001 Questions and Answers
This remarkable and unprecedented guide to the practice of international arbitration is equally useful to party advisors, party representatives, arbitrators (especially newly practicing ones), and advanced students. It presents the riches of a leading arbitrator's lifetime of practical experience.
Click here for more information and to order.
Question: How can I research updates to the Affordable Care Act?
Answer: If you subscribe to the Wolters Kluwer Health Reform KnowlEDGE™ Center, you have quick and easy access to updates made to the Affordable Care Act. The following steps outline just one of the ways to research updates to the Affordable Care Act using the Health Reform KnowlEDGE™ Center:
- From the IntelliConnect Browse Tree menu, click and open:
Health Reform > Health Reform Knowledge™ Center
- Within the QUICK LINKS section of Health Reform KnowlEDGE Center, select: Law, Explanation and Analysis of the Affordable Care Act (2014 Edition)
- Click/Expand: Highlights
- Choose: A topic you are researching, e.g., HEALTH CARE QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
- Select: Any paragraph number on the right view screen that corresponds to your research topic, e.g., ¶705 Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program
- Results: You’ll access the Explanation document, Law, Explanation and Analysis of the Affordable Care Act (2014 Edition),¶705, Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program, which includes a summary of the law and the 2014 update. You can now see what has changed since 2010, read editorial comments, cautions and examples, and also link to individual sections of law affected by change(s).
If you don’t yet subscribe, click here to watch a brief video, register for a webinar demonstration, and learn more about Health Reform KnowlEDGE™ Center from Wolters Kluwer.
Launch our LegalPro Training calendar webpage and register for any of our complimentary pre-scheduled instructor-led sessions offered for a wide variety of our online products, OR access a schedule for a specific product:
Kluwer services (including Kluwer IP Law, Kluwer Arbitration and Kluwer Competition Law)
*IntelliConnect and LoislawConnect registrations are limited to a single person so that each session can be customized to that individual’s subscription and research needs. However, registrants are welcome to share webinar connection details with others in their organization.
You may also send an email request for telephone training to LegalTraining@WoltersKluwer.com
Whether you want a brief, high-level overview for a group or an in-depth, hands-on training for an individual, our professional Trainers will customize the session to your needs to ensure that you get the most out of your online subscription from Wolters Kluwer Law & Business.
Training Resources for Legal Professionals website
Review our Training Resources for Legal Professionals website—http://wolterskluwerlb.com/training—to find helpful links to videos, training guides and quick reference material for a wide variety of our Platforms/Applications and products.
Click here for a video on the Federal Banking/Federal Securities Quick Charts - Volcker Rule
IntelliConnect and RBsource subscriptions
CHAT: http://support.cch.com/chat/techsupport (available 8 am to 6 pm CT Monday-Friday)
CALL: (available 8 am to 8 pm CT Monday-Friday)
Research & Functionality: 1-800-344-3734 option #1 (IntelliConnect) or option #3 (Other inquiries)
Technical Support: 1-800-835-0105 option #1 (IntelliForms) or option #2 (All other inquiries)
LoislawConnect and Kluwer Law International subscriptions
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org (available 3 am to 10 pm CT Monday-Friday)
CALL: 1-877-471-5632 (available 8 am to 8 pm CT Monday - Friday)
SECnet and IPO Vital Signs
CALL: 1-800-955-5219 (toll-free) or 1-202-842-7355 (toll)