|Volume 10, Number 5, May 2014
New productivity tool: WK Trademark Navigator™—a single solution for a multifaceted process
The WK Trademark Navigator™ was created in response to customer requests for a way to streamline the trademark prosecution practice. This new tool saves time and money on research and form drafting while providing in-depth expert content and analysis that is not available anywhere else. Attorneys get exactly what they need in one integrated resource, regardless of where they are in the process—research, search, application, appeal or foreign registration.
- Online access to industry standards such as Allen’s Trademark Digest and the Guide to TTAB Practice
- Daily news updates from our Trademark Daily News and weekly updates from our International Trademark News
- Comparison Charts for both domestic and foreign issues to increase research efficiency every step of the way
- Sample forms and documents to streamline workflow and enable attorneys to proceed confidently and efficiently in their trademark prosecution work and practice before the TTAB
- Checklists to help keep track of every step in the application, cancellation and opposition processes, including appeals
For more details and subscription information, contact your Wolters Kluwer Account Representative.
Complimentary issue of CFPB Watch newsletter
Subscribers to the online format of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Reporter receive the CFPB Watch newsletter as a part of their subscription. Written by attorneys at Proskauer Rose LLP, the May issue includes articles on the CFPB’s investigation of Equifax via a civil investigation demand (CID); recent actions by states, specifically New York and Illinois, asserting UDAAP claims; and an update on the CFPB’s investigation of tribal lending practices. Click here for a complimentary copy of the May CFPB Watch newsletter.
Q: Can I deliver IntelliConnect research results with notes to my attorneys without e-mailing or printing?
A: Yes. You can collaborate with colleagues using shared Research Folders on IntelliConnect. You can make notes at both the document and folder level, share those documents and notes with your attorney and even transfer ownership of the research folder when done.
- To make notes on a document, click the "Add Notes or Highlights" command at the top right of the document, click "Apply Note to Entire Document," enter your comments in the dialog box and click "Save."
- Add a document with your annotations to a Research Folder. Click the "Save/Email" pull-down and select "Save to Research Folder." A pop-up box will appear with the option to include or exclude notes. Choose appropriately, then follow the prompts to name the new folder, or select an existing folder, and click "Save."
- To save documents from a results list, simply check the box to the left of each desired document, click the "Save/Email" pull-down at the top of the results list and choose "Save selected to Research Folder." Create a new folder, or select an existing folder, and click "Save."
- To make notes at the folder level and/or share your results, click the "Research Folders" command in the upper left corner of IntelliConnect. You will see your Research Folder(s) listed on the left side with a white pull-down icon to the right. Click the pull-down, choose "Notes" and type your notes.
- To share your research, click the white pull-down and choose "Share with colleagues." Choose "Share with selected colleagues." This brings up a box populated with every person in the firm having IntelliConnect credentials. Select the colleague name(s) and click "Add." Note the options to email and set recipient's contribution level. Click "Save."
- You can now transfer ownership of a shared Research Folder by clicking the white pull-down, choosing "Change owner" and following the prompts.
Click here to access a video about Shared Research Folders (item #3 within the Fall 2013 enhancements to IntelliConnect).
Launch our LegalPro Training calendar webpage and register for any of our complimentary pre-scheduled instructor-led sessions offered for a wide variety of our online products, OR access a schedule for a specific product:
Kluwer services (including Kluwer IP Law, Kluwer Arbitration and Kluwer Competition Law)
*IntelliConnect and LoislawConnect registrations are limited to a single person so that each session can be customized to that individual’s subscription and research needs. However, registrants are welcome to share webinar connection details with others in their organization.
You may also send an email request for telephone training to LegalTraining@WoltersKluwer.com
Whether you want a brief, high-level overview for a group or an in-depth, hands-on training for an individual, our professional Trainers will customize the session to your needs to ensure that you get the most out of your online subscription from Wolters Kluwer Law & Business.
Training Resources for Legal Professionals website
Review our Training Resources for Legal Professionals website - http://wolterskluwerlb.com/training - to find helpful links to videos, training guides and quick reference material for a wide variety of our Platforms/Applications and products.
WK Trademark Navigator—How to Access (one page)
WK Trademark Navigator Reference Guide (16 pages)
Kluwer Arbitration Participant Training Guide (17 pages)
IntelliConnect and RBsource subscriptions
CHAT: http://support.cch.com/chat/techsupport (available 8 am to 6 pm CT Monday-Friday)
CALL: (available 8 am to 8 pm CT Monday-Friday)
Research & Functionality: 1-800-344-3734 option #1 (IntelliConnect) or option #3 (Other inquiries)
Technical Support: 1-800-835-0105 option #1 (IntelliForms) or option #2 (All other inquiries)
LoislawConnect and Kluwer Law International subscriptions
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org (available 3 am to 10 pm CT Monday-Friday)
CALL: 1-877-471-5632 (available 8 am to 8 pm CT Monday - Friday)
SECnet and IPO Vital Signs
CALL: 1-800-955-5219 (toll-free) or 1-202-842-7355 (toll)