|Volume 11, Number 4, April 2015
Updated Loislaw Mobile App now available for download
The new LoislawConnect™ legal research app allows subscribers to access case law, statutes, court rules, treatise materials, and more with an iPhone or iPad. To learn more and to download the free app, go to the iTunes App Store. Click here to download the app now. (The app is free but access to the platform requires a LoislawConnect subscriber user name and password.)
The updated app offers two ways to search:
- The all new “Advanced Search” permits a more narrowed, granular search into Federal and State primary and secondary law; and
- Power Search enables a quick search by keyword, citation or case name across all jurisdictions
New features of the updated Loislaw mobile app include:
- Searching of specific Federal Jurisdiction and State Primary law (or select multiple jurisdictions): Acts, Administrative Rules, Case Law, Court Rules, Proposed Regulations and Statutes
- Access and search Secondary law content that is within your subscription: Bar Publications, Forms and Treatises
- Ability to access and search Attorney General Opinions and Jury Instructions
- “Recent Searches” box that will record the latest searches enabling access immediately upon opening the app
- Loislaw’s popular “Fielded Search” page, where you can specify search parameters (e.g., Date Range, Citation, Appellant/Appellee, Heading, etc.)
- Several new ways to sort results
- “Screen-swipe” technology lets you hit the next and back buttons, or simply swipe your finger across the screen to advance
New book: Executive Compensation: A Decade of Disclosure
In rules effective in 2006, the SEC put in place a principles-based regime for disclosure of executive compensation and related-party transactions. Enhancements and revisions in the intervening decade have modified the disclosure requirements in some crucial respects such as eliminating separate regulations and forms pertaining to small business issuers and revisions to the method of accounting for stock and option awards. The Dodd-Frank Act also made its mark on executive compensation disclosure as it directed the SEC to craft rules requiring advisory votes on executive compensation, disclosure and voting regime for golden parachute arrangements, disclosure whether as to hedging arrangements are allowed and how compensation policies for all employees affect risk as well as disclosure of the ratio between the CEO’s pay and that of the median employee.
Executive Compensation: A Decade of Disclosure discusses these new requirements in the context of the broader disclosure framework. It also includes a discussion of recent developments in corporate governance, notably the upsurge in proxy advisory services, which are becoming the de facto standard setters for corporate governance matters including executive compensation.
Click here for more information and to order, or call 1-800-449-6435.
New edition: Federal Money Laundering Regulation: Banking, Corporate and Securities Compliance
This valuable desk reference is a complete guide to understanding and complying with all U.S. statutes, regulations and court decisions governing money laundering activity. It provides in-depth analysis and guidance on recordkeeping and reporting requirements, anti-money laundering compliance programs, money laundering crimes, asset forfeitures, and state and international measures against money laundering and terrorist financing. The guide is aimed especially at law firms and corporate counsel representing banks, insurance companies, securities broker-dealers, and other financial institutions, as well as the criminal bar, public accountants, and compliance officers.
The Second Edition reflects a substantial reorganization and expansion of the previous edition, and adds three new chapters covering terrorist financing, OFAC compliance, and special measures against foreign jurisdictions or financial institutions deemed to be “of primary money laundering concern.” The remaining chapters have been extensively rewritten and reorganized to reflect major regulatory developments.
Click here for more information and to order, or call 1-800-449-6435
Now available online: International Encyclopaedia of Laws (IELs)
This unique series of publications features a distinct set of reference works. Each subset covers a major field of law with country-by-country overviews that describe how each national legal system governs the relevant field.
Subsets include: Civil Procedure, Commercial and Economic Law, Competition Law, Constitutional Law, Contracts, Corporations and Partnerships, Criminal Law, Cyber Law, Energy Law, Labour Law, Sports Law, Medical Law and many more. Click here for a complete list of topics.
- Country-by-Country Overview
- Online chapters available before print
- Searchable PDFs
- RSS feeds when updated
- Electronic Table of Contents (Etoc) alert
Contact your Wolters Kluwer Account Representative for more information.
New book: Arbitrating Under the 2014 LCIA Rules. A User's Guide
This highly practical and user-friendly guide offers a thorough analysis of the 2014 London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) Rules. You’ll find a comprehensive explanation of the basic principles governing LCIA arbitration along with an in-depth analysis of complex issues that may arise in the course of LCIA proceedings.
It explains the rule about communications, and how the arbitral tribunal is formed. It looks at the challenge, removal and replacement of arbitrators, the language of arbitration, and also includes a chapter dedicated to hearings, witnesses and experts. Separate chapters on awards, costs and deposits, confidentiality and limitation of liability will provide practical help to anyone working in this field.
Click here for more information and to order.
New book: The Code of the Court of Arbitration for Sport: Commentary, Cases and Materials
The Code of the Court of Arbitration for Sport: Commentary, Cases and Materials is a comprehensive exploration of the provisions of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). Providing detailed analysis of the CAS Rules, it’s an indispensable reference for all sports law practitioners. Each provision is viewed within the larger context of international arbitration, in Switzerland, and procedural solutions are suggested which are transposable to international arbitration generally. You’ll get a full understanding of the work of the CAS with graphs, charts and sample documents showing the exact procedure to be followed.
Click here for more information and to order.
“What Are The Experts Saying?” Complimentary Webinar
The next topic in our series of free WATES (What Are The Experts Saying) webinars will be:
What Are The Experts Saying in Employment Law?
Executive Actions, Legislation, and the 2015 Forecast
April 29, 2015, 2:00 Eastern/11:00 Pacific
In this 30-minute webinar we will look back on 2014 and review many of the emerging themes of the ever-changing and greatly debated labor and employment laws enacted.
During the WATES Webinar, our employment law expert, Pamela Wolf, will discuss the most important executive and legislative actions taken in 2014, which include:
- Key federal and state legislative activity from last year, and what’s on the horizon for 2015
- A review of some of the measures that failed to gain traction in Congress to become federal law, but fared much better among the states, such as paid leave and “ban-the-box” laws
- Protections for pregnant workers, including employer obligations to accommodate conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth
- Other state laws such as targeted minimum wage increases, marijuana use, pay equality, and bullying
You won’t want to miss this Webinar, so click here to register now.
Wolters Kluwer offers WATES webinars on different subjects each month—upcoming topics will be announced in future editions of News for Law Librarians.
Question: Does Wolters Kluwer offer any current-awareness service specifically for Health Reform?
Answer: Yes, you can receive weekly updates on current developments in Health Reform Law via Health Reform WK-EDGE, part of the Wolters Kluwer Health Reform KnowlEDGE™ Center. All subscriptions to the Health Reform KnowlEDGE™ Center include access to Health Reform WK-EDGE for weekly news, via email or mobile app, and the ability to track changes to Affordable Care Act legislation with optional email alerts.
Because the information in the Health Reform KnowlEDGE Center is written by attorneys, the weekly Health Reform WK-EDGE can be trusted to provide a legal overview of the top stories in Health Reform, including: Legislative Developments, New Case Developments, IRS Rulings, and Administrative Updates.
It only takes a few clicks to start receiving Health Reform WK-EDGE weekly emails or to track legislative developments:
- Log in to Health Reform KnowlEDGE Center
- Click the first item in the QUICK LINKS box in lower left: Health Reform WK-EDGE News and Law & Regulatory Alerts Sign-Up (Tip: Your browser’s pop-up blocker should be turned OFF)
- The Sign Up/Modify Health Reform WK-EDGE pop-up provides links for signing up and customizing email delivery for weekly Health Reform WK-EDGE and/or the Law and Regulatory Alerts. Follow the steps and click Save Preferences.
Health Reform WK-EDGE is also available for BlackBerry, iPhone, iPad, Android, or Kindle devices. Install the complimentary mobile app with one-time login with your Health Reform KnowlEDGE Center credentials.
That’s it! You’ll receive the very next issue and be able to:
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions and full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Access all links from either email or your mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our new reprint policy.
Launch our LegalPro Training calendar webpage and register for any of our complimentary pre-scheduled instructor-led sessions offered for a wide variety of our online products, OR use the links below to access a schedule for a specific online platform/product:
- IntelliConnect * - available for all content within IntelliConnect as well as subscriptions for Health Reform Knowledge Center, WK Trademark Navigator, General Counsel Navigator, and Kluwer International Tax Law.
- LoislawConnect *
- RBsource (new platform, hands-on training)
- RBsource Transition (new platform, presentation of enhancements)
- Kluwer services (including Kluwer IP Law, Kluwer Arbitration and Kluwer Competition Law)
*IntelliConnect and LoislawConnect registrations are limited to a single person so that each session can be customized to that individual’s subscription and research needs. However, registrants are welcome to share webinar connection details with others in their organization.
Or email a training request to us via LegalProTraining@wolterskluwer.com
Review our Training Resources for Legal Professionals website—http://wolterskluwerlb.com/training—to find helpful links to videos, training guides and quick reference material for a wide variety of our Platforms/Applications and products.
IntelliConnect and RBsource/RBsourceFilings subscriptions
CHAT: http://support.cch.com/chat/techsupport (available 8 am to 6 pm CT Monday-Friday)
CALL: (available 8 am to 8 pm CT Monday-Friday)
Research & Functionality: 1-800-344-3734 option #1 (IntelliConnect) or option #3 (Other inquiries)
Technical Support: 1-800-835-0105 option #1 (IntelliForms) or option #2 (All other inquiries)
LoislawConnect and Kluwer Law International subscriptions
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org (available 3 am to 10 pm CT Monday-Friday)
CALL: 1-877-471-5632 (available 8 am to 8 pm CT Monday - Friday)
SECnet and IPO Vital Signs
CALL: 1-800-955-5219 (toll-free) or 1-202-842-7355 (toll)