Volume 10, Number 11, November 2014
Visit our new website at www.wklawbusiness.com
We’re excited to launch www.wklawbusiness.com—our new and enhanced website. Here you’ll find timely and authoritative information, tools, and resources for legal practitioners and business compliance professionals. Resources found at aspenpublishers.com are also now located at www.wklawbusiness.com.
At www.wklawbusiness you’ll find all this and more:
- Print publications
- Online research
- Workflow solutions
- Daily news stories
- Topical white papers
- Leading blogs
New IntelliConnect Widgets
Wolters Kluwer Law and Business is pleased to introduce IntelliConnect Widgets—a content integration tool that provides direct access to the IntelliConnect content you rely upon. With IntelliConnect Widgets, you can quickly and seamlessly link attorneys, paralegals, and research professionals to specific acts, regulations, laws, and treatises within your law firm’s portal environments.
IntelliConnect Widgets provide:
- Authoritative content for practice areas such as Securities, Corporation Law, Banking, Pension, Labor & Employment
- Quick and easy access to the content you need right from your firm’s portal. No need to log into IntelliConnect
- Easy and simple integration with clear step-by-step instructions that you can implement in minutes
Click here for a list of available widgets. If you're an IntelliConnect subscriber, click here to access the widget builder and enable your firm’s widgets today. Also be sure to check back as our library grows.
Two new tools added to Health Reform KnowlEDGE™ Center
The Health Reform KnowlEDGE Center, a solution for keeping pace with the ACA, now includes two new tools.
- FAQ Smart Chart—Find quick answers to ACA questions on topics such as ACA Implementation, Premium Tax Credits and Wellness Programs
- Forms, Checklists, and Guidelines Smart Chart—Quickly link to helpful ACA implementation documents, curated and arranged by topic, such as Contraceptive Services and Health Insurance Marketplaces
The Health Reform KnowlEDGE Center is a single destination for breaking news, research and tools. It offers:
- WK-EDGE breaking news service that provides authoritative analysis along with practical “how-to” perspectives from attorneys and key industry experts delivered via the dashboard, email, mobile apps and RSS
- Law and regulation tracking tool with date/task notification and calendar functionality
- Quick links to Smart Chart answer tools, editorial-driven checklists, in-depth analysis, expert-authored treatises, white papers, primary source documents and more
For more information and to request a free trial, visit www.healthreformknowledge.com or contact your Wolters Kluwer Account Representative. If you’re a current subscriber, click here to access the Health Reform KnowlEDGE Center.
New Content on Kluwer Competition Law — Chinese Competition Decision Summaries
This new database (in English) offers analysis of decisions in one of the key global antitrust jurisdictions. Comprehensive coverage includes summaries of all published decisions from Chinese competition regulatory bodies and courts, edited by experts from the Centre for Competition Law and Policy at Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
Features of the Chinese Competition Decision Summaries database include:
- Analysis by local experts of all published competition decisions from China’s regulatory bodies and courts
- Succinct facts and clear analysis in one source, saving on research time
- Accessible format presents case reference, facts, decision details, analysis of its importance and links to decisions where available
- Quarterly updates keep you current with the latest developments
- Coverage starts with the introduction of China’s Anti-Monopoly Law in 2008
New content on Kluwer IP Law - two new browse categories
Kluwer IP Law now includes two new categories. Browse categories have been created for the Unified Patent Court as well as the Unitary Patent. The creation of the new Unitary Patent Package is a hot topic in European Patent Law, and its addition to Kluwer IP Law is part of our ongoing efforts to give customers easy access to the timely information they need.
New Book: Communications and Competition Law. Key Issues in the Telecoms, Media and Technology Sectors
This new title sheds light on the current international contours of competition law vis-à-vis communications, and provides highly informed insight and lessons to be learned from experiences in several countries. With a primary focus on Brazil, which alone in the world to date has legislated what can be called an Internet Charter—the Net Mundial statement—the book discusses significant legislative, regulatory, and judicial developments in the United States, the European Union, Canada, China, Chile, Singapore, and elsewhere. Click here for more information and to order.
We congratulate the following authors for recent honors:
Herbert Hovenkamp, author of Antitrust Law: An Analysis of Antitrust Principles & Their Application, was recognized at the Centennial Symposium of the Iowa Law Review for his contributions to the field of antitrust law. Click here to read what Bill Baer, Assistant Attorney General for Antitrust, had to say about Professor Hovenkamp.
Ted Banks, author of Corporate Legal Compliance Handbook, was selected for The National Law Journal's inaugural list of 50 Governance, Risk and Compliance Trailblazers & Pioneers. Click here to read the full article.
Question: Where do I find Regulations S-K and S-X on RBsource/RBsourceFilings?
Answer: With our new enhanced RBsourcefilings.com interface, you can quickly and easily access not only key Securities Acts from the Dashboard, but also the full text of key Regulations such as Regulation S-K and Regulation S-X.
Simply follow the link under
ACTS & OTHER REGULATIONS
from the top of the Dashboard to see a full list of available regulations.
You can also access a listing of key Rules and Regulations via the right panel:
It's easy to select individual Items to Print, Email, Download or Add to Favorites and/or a Worklist for fast access in the future.
Launch our LegalPro Training calendar webpage and register for any of our complimentary pre-scheduled instructor-led sessions offered for a wide variety of our online products, OR use the links below to access a schedule for a specific online platform/product:
- IntelliConnect* - available for all content within IntelliConnect as well as subscriptions for Health Reform KnowlEDGE Center, WK Trademark Navigator, General Counsel Navigator, and Kluwer International Tax Law.
- RBsource (new interface, hands-on training)
- RBsource Transition (new interface, presentation of enhancements)
- Kluwer services (including Kluwer IP Law, Kluwer Arbitration and Kluwer Competition Law)
*IntelliConnect and LoislawConnect registrations are limited to a single person so that each session can be customized to that individual’s subscription and research needs. However, registrants are welcome to share webinar connection details with others in their organization.
Or email a training request to us via LegalProTraining@wolterskluwer.com
Review our Training Resources for Legal Professionals website — http://wolterskluwerlb.com/training — to find helpful links to videos, training guides and quick reference material for a wide variety of our Platforms/Applications and products.
New IntelliConnect Videos:
IntelliConnect and RBsource subscriptions
CHAT: http://support.cch.com/chat/techsupport (available 8 am to 6 pm CT Monday-Friday)
CALL: (available 8 am to 8 pm CT Monday-Friday)
Research & Functionality: 1-800-344-3734 option #1 (IntelliConnect) or option #3 (Other inquiries)
Technical Support: 1-800-835-0105 option #1 (IntelliForms) or option #2 (All other inquiries)
LoislawConnect and Kluwer Law International subscriptions
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org (available 3 am to 10 pm CT Monday-Friday)
CALL: 1-877-471-5632 (available 8 am to 8 pm CT Monday - Friday)
SECnet and IPO Vital Signs
CALL: 1-800-955-5219 (toll-free) or 1-202-842-7355 (toll)