|Volume 11, Number 11, November 2015
New Book: Master Health Reform Guide, 2016 Edition
Master Health Reform Guide is a plain-English resource that clarifies all ACA requirements for employers. This invaluable resource simplifies everything from the employer mandate and the Cadillac tax to contraceptive coverage, private health exchanges and reporting requirements.
Master Health Reform Guide includes:
- Fast Facts that deliver an instant overview of the most crucial areas of health reform
- A practical library of Forms
- A handy reference card that can be removed from the book and used as a quick guide to important ACA rules
- An extensive Glossary of health reform terms, making even the most unfamiliar concepts understandable
- In-depth articles that provide practical analysis of the most pressing topics and more
Click here for more information and to order.
New service: Kluwer International Tax Law (www.kluwertaxlaw.com)
Kluwer International Tax Law is a new online global information service for international tax professionals. It provides quick and easy access to the latest tax planning and compliance information. This new service brings together selected CCH analysis, news and tools with Kluwer Law International’s major treatises such as Klaus Vogel on Double Taxation and Tax Planning for International Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures and Restructuring. Written by international tax experts, this service comprises six packages, each dealing with different areas of tax law.
Available packages include:
- Tax Treaties
- Permanent Establishments
- Transfer Pricing
- Tax Planning
- Wealth Management
- Kluwer Tax Law Library (includes all the above packages)
Click here to view a short video on the features of Kluwer International Tax Law. For more information or a demonstration, contact your Wolters Kluwer account representative.
New Book: Concise International Arbitration. Second Edition
The article-by-article commentary in Concise International Arbitration offers the reader a swift understanding of all provisions of the leading arbitration instruments. The intention is to give the reader a rapid appreciation of the meaning and effect of each provision and to point in the right direction should further information (e.g., case law) be needed. Click here for more information and to order.
New Book: Private Sector Investment in Infrastructure: Project Finance, PPP Projects and PPP Frameworks. Third Edition
This remarkably insightful and enormously useful book shows how the private sector (through public–private partnerships—PPP) can provide more efficient procurement through cheaper, faster, and better quality; refocus infrastructure services on consumer satisfaction and life cycle maintenance; place the financial burden of providing infrastructure on consumers rather than taxpayers; and provide new sources of investment, in particular through limited recourse debt (i.e., project financing). Click here for more information and to order.
Coming Soon: Smart Chart that will highlight differences in state bank lending limits
The State Banking Law Reporter on IntelliConnect will be enhanced with a Lending Limits Smart Chart, a time-saving quick reference tool that expedites multi-jurisdictional research. The Smart Chart will highlight lending limits imposed by state banking laws.
State-chartered banks are subject to certain limits on the amount of loans and extensions of credit outstanding at any one time to a single borrower, to borrowers regarding certain types of loans, and with respect to the aggregate amount of all loans. The Smart Chart will summarize general lending limits for single borrowers, combination rules for separate borrowers, and rules for the treatment of derivative transactions. Exceptions to the general lending limit are highlighted for loans or extensions of credit with higher limits or no limit. Rules are also detailed for loans to bank insiders and for lending limit violations.
You select the topics and jurisdictions, and Smart Charts retrieve the information in a chart or matrix format. Results highlight differing state provisions with brief summaries, including official citations which link to full text of laws, regulations and explanations.
The Chart enhancement will appear on IntelliConnect under Banking (State).
Question: Can I filter my EDGAR Filings search results on RBsourceFilings.com by law firm?
Answer: Yes, RBsourceFilings now offers two separate law firm filters when researching the EDGAR database: Top Law Firms and Law Firm Lookup. Once you’ve entered your search terms (i.e. by company name, ticker symbol, word search, etc.) and RBsourceFilings has returned your list of results, filter those results by following the steps below:
- Top Law Firms: Scroll to the bottom of the Search & Filter panel on the left-hand side of the screen. The bottom filter labeled Top Law Firms will provide a listing of the top law firms included in that specific set of search results. Click to expand the filter, check the box(es) for desired law firm(s), and press the Apply icon to see your filtered results in the right-hand viewing pane. Alternatively, you can filter by law firm according to the “deal position” using the Law Firm Lookup filter described in step 2 (below).
- Law Firm Lookup: You can also filter your EDGAR search results by law firm according to the “deal position” using the Law Firm Lookup filter. Once RBsourceFilings has returned your initial EDGAR search results, simply click next to the Law Firm Lookup filter on the Search & Filter panel. Use the drop-down box to select the deal position (i.e. whether the law firm you are looking for must be the law firm for the issuer, merger target or underwriter). Start typing the name of a law firm you wish to filter by in the “Search for law firm” field, choosing the law firm from the drop-down selection that will appear. (Only law firms applicable to your current search results will appear in the drop-down selection.) You can repeat the process to add additional law firm(s). Press the Apply icon at the bottom of the Search & Filter panel to see your filtered results in the right- hand viewing pane.
See our newly enhanced Training web pages with links for Live Training, Videos, Reference Material, Login, Customer Support and more!
We currently have Training web pages for the following products (with more in development):
Almanac of the Federal Judiciary
Blue Sky Navigator
General Counsel Navigator
Health Reform KnowlEDGE Center
Kluwer IP Law
WK Trademark Navigator
Attend a complimentary instructor-led training. Click here to view a listing of upcoming Custom Learning Webinar sessions. Each session is limited to a single registrant, but any number of attendees from your organization can join the session. The instructor will tailor the course to your subscription content, research needs and time frame. (A maximum of one hour is allotted.) During the session, participant(s) will be encouraged to log in for hands-on activities.
You can also email a training request to us via LegalProTraining@wolterskluwer.com
Wolters Kluwer Law & Business—Contact Us
Cheetah and Blue Sky Navigator subscriptions
CALL: 1-800-955-5217 (available 8 am to 6 pm CT Monday-Friday)
IntelliConnect, General Counsel Navigator, Health Reform KnowlEDGE Center, WK Trademark Navigator and RBsource/RBsourceFilings subscriptions
CHAT: http://support.cch.com/chat/techsupport (available 8 am to 6 pm CT Monday-Friday)
CALL: (available 8 am to 8 pm CT Monday-Friday)
Research & Functionality: 1-800-344-3734 option #1 (IntelliConnect) or option #3 (Other inquiries)
Technical Support: 1-800-835-0105 option #1 (IntelliForms) or option #2 (All other inquiries)
Almanac of the Federal Judiciary (website) and Kluwer Law International subscriptions
EMAIL: email@example.com (available 3 am to 10 pm CT Monday-Friday)
CALL: 1-877-471-5632 (available 8 am to 8 pm CT Monday - Friday)
SECnet and IPO Vital Signs
CALL: 1-800-955-5219 (toll-free) or 1-202-842-7355 (toll)